How to treat bruises?
Did you get injure in an accident, playing sports or surprised by a situation and got bruised badly? Well, no worries. We have the optimum treatments lined up for you that will take you on a journey of how to get rid of a bruise and swelling fast.
Ways to get rid of bruises:
If signs and symptoms are quite visible, treatment of bruises becomes essential. There are no special ways to get rid of bruises overnight. It’s the intensity of bruise, which will decide which method to apply. Easy ways to get rid of your bruises are as follows:
1) There are natural bruise creams available in the market that heal bruises quickly and effectively. One of the best in the market is Bruise Balm which has been developed using all the natural ingredients i.e. St. John Wort, Arnica, and Vitamin E. Its formula reduces the pain and speeds up the healing process.
2) To control pain, swelling and inflammation, use the RICE (Rest, Ice, Compression, Elevation) formula.
3) Bruises are kind of hard to avoid but you can get help to speed up the healing process. A bruise can easily be healed at home if you use the right kind of stuff from your freezer. First when you get a bruise, protect the area from any further harm and apply cold or ice wrapped in a clean cloth. It would help to reduce the size of the bruise and prevent blood flowing to the injured area thereby decreasing the amount of blood that is leaked into the tissues. It also keeps the swelling down and reduces pain. Ice should be applied for 15 or 20 minutes.
4) Wrap the injured area in a soft bandage. Or you can also use a bag of frozen vegetables as it can form to the shape of the injured area.
5) And finally, elevate the injured area to a level above the heart during the first 24 hours of the injury to control bleeding, swelling and pain. This will help prevent blood from pooling in the injured area. If you keep standing more blood will flow to the injured area and the bruise will be larger.
6) If required, Acetaminophen may also be taken for pain as instructed on the bottle for getting rid of bruises instantly. Other medicines like aspirin should be avoided as it slows the process of clotting and may increase bleeding.
7) Heat in the form of warm cloth should be applied to the bruise for 15 mins for a few days in order to increase blood flow to the injured area.
Treatment of bruises must start on time before it gets too big to treat.
Tips to avoid bruises
Tips to avoid bruises are as follows:
• It’s smart to wear protective gear like pads, helmets and shin guards while playing any sport.
• Have regular monitoring if you have a medical condition and your doctor has prescribed you blood thinning medicines.
• Keep floors dry and use rugs that are slip resistant
• Don’t place furniture in your common walking path in your homes
Prevention is always better than cure. So don’t stop yourself from going outside with the idea that you might get hurt. Use the mentioned tips to avoid bruises and you will always be safe and sound.