It’s Time to Say ‘Good bye’ to a stye!
Get rid of a stye
Getting stye relief is just a few steps away from you. Let me tell you that it’s not such a big problem. I’ve also suffered from it and I still vividly remember, how difficult that time was for me to pass. But after a lot of endeavors, I got to know about a number of methods to treat a stye. It is one of the most common eye allergies. I am going to share some simple and easy to follow home-care remedies with you in this article. By following these methods you would get rid of a stye just within a few minutes and would also learn to prevent styes from recurring, soon afterwards.
What is a stye or hordeolum?
A stye or hordeolum is a small painful lump, either inside or outside of the eyelid. It is also called a chalazia. Actually it’s a pimple filled with pus and it is usually caused by a staphylococcus bacteria, which often lives right on the skin surface. Billions of friendly bacteria coexist with us. Upon finding the conditions right, the bacteria feast on dead cells and other debris, which results in a tender pimple. It is a contagious eye allergy which spreads if not taken care of. Different types include stye on lower eyelid, stye on upper eyelid, stye inside eye, and a recurring stye.
Easy and Fast Stye Treatments
Dust, fecal matter, pollution and other debris are the main causes of stye which infects the sebaceous gland with bacteria. If you wake up and find a stye on eyelid or inside the eye , you must clean it immediately to remove the roots of infection.
- • Immerse a cotton ball in warm water and rub it gently on hordeolum outside the eye to cleanse it. It’s a very effective treatment to remove a stye on eyelid.
- • Repeat the same task at different intervals but care must be taken that the cotton ball being used should be changed every time to prevent the dust from transmitting again into the infected area.
After you are done cleaning, its time to apply the hot compress
This treatment for a stye is the most effective for a stye on eyelid. Warm temperature is the greatest enemy of chalazion. Dip a clean piece of cloth in warm water and place it on the hordeolum for a period of 5 minutes. Repeat this step as often as possible through out the day.
- • Compress the infected area with the help of a small piece of fabric, immersed in hot water. Make sure about its cleanliness.
- • Hold it on until and unless the pus is completely drained out.
- • Clean the infected area carefully.
- It’s the most recommended swollen eyelid treatment, and it is by far the best way of getting rid of styes.
A number of people have asked me the question on how to get rid of a stye naturally. A lot of natural occurring substances are available for getting rapid relief from a stye and for reducing stye pain. Moreover, these materials also don’t have any side effects. You can easily use these without facing any difficulties.
- • Take some ‘Guava leaves’, place them on a warm compress and apply them on hordeolum.
- • Rub them gently and try to keep it warm.
Well, the fastest way to heal and get rid of your hordeolum may seem to be the most unusual one. Dip a tea bag in a cup of hot water, and apply it on the sty. The tannic acid in the tea would rapidly cause the sty to shrink and it would fade away in a few minutes. But remember one thing; upon applying the tea bag on stye, itching might be felt initially. But there is no need to worry. It is usually caused due to the acid and in a short while it would come to a halt. It is considered to be the fastest way to get rid of an eye stye.
- • Moisten a tea bag in hot water and apply a warm compress to the eye 4-5 times a day.
- • Take a cup, filled with boiling water and give the chalazion a soothing steam bath by placing your eye over the cup.
- • Continue taking the steam bath for a period of 10-15 minutes and feel the difference before and after, by your own. Besides reducing your pain and swelling, it would prove to be a second wind for you to carry out your routine work. I really hope that it helps you remove an eye stye
If it still does not go away:
Do not be upset! You still have some choices to get rid of a stye both inside and outside the eye.
1. In its initial stage, a sty must be lubricated with alcohol by mixing it with water in a 1 to 1 ratio. It immediately reduces the swelling and relieves the pain.
A number of antibacterial creams are available in the market for treating a stye on eyelid. You can buy any of these antibacterial creams from any pharmacy and apply it on eye sty. But care must be taken that it should not enter the eye; which can prove to be very perilous in the future. Tylenol, Advil and Motrin are considered the best antibacterial creams for relieving pain and discomfort. Preferably, you should consult a doctor before using any antibacterial cream.
Note: It is advisable to seek help from a doctor as early as possible if all of these methods fail.
How to prevent a stye from recurring?
Styes are recurrent in nature. If proper care is not taken to prevent them, they grow back. You may like to know how to get rid of recurrent styes.
After you get relief , make sure that you remember and act upon the below mentioned instructions to prevent styes from recurring:
Girls and women, beware!
Special care must be taken while using cosmetics – it must not be used by any acquaintance or someone else, ever. According to a report, women more likely to be a victim of stye than men because of frequent application of cosmetics.
- • Moreover, diseases in a human body occur due to weaknesses, vitamin deficiencies, disturbances and diabetes. The stye may occur due to any of these problems. You must take care about your diet, and ensure that your body must not lack any vitamins.
- • Over use of electronic devices: As it is the case with most of the eye allergies, overuse of electronic devices can be a main cause of hardoleum. These devices may include such mobiles, iPods, video games, computer and television. It also affects your eye sight. So, Make sure that you or your children are not overusing the electronic devices. After all, prevention is the best cure.
- • Don’t let it spread- Handkerchiefs, towels and wipes you use for washing your face must be clean and free from any impurity. Do not ever rub your face with dirty hands since a number of diseases take birth from impurities.
- Some people recommend you to use prednisolone acetate 1% to remove stye. We highly recommend you not to try it, as it can make it worse.